In order to sync any of the Calvary Chapel San Gabriel Valley calendars to your devices, you need to click on the link for that particular calendar from the device that you would like to sync with. For example, to add the calendar to your ical application on your Apple device, then you would need to navigate to the particular calendar that you would like to sync with on the ccsgv.com website, and click the "Add to ical" button on that page. It should automatically sync the calendar to your ical application. Depending on how your device is configured, it may display a screen asking you with which application you would like to open the selected link with. Choose the desired program from the list presented. The same goes for Android devices; just navigate to the calendar on the device that you would like to sync your calendar to, and click the Add to Android" button. it should automatically sync to your device. For Windows and Linux computers, use the XML link on the desired calendar's page.
If the button does not work on your device, you may need to manually add the calendar's address to your program. Most apple devices will work with the ical format, and most Windows and Linux devices will work with the XML format.
- Navigate to the page of the CCSGV Calendar that you desire to sync with.
- Right click on the ical button for apple devices, or on the XML device for Windows and Linux devices, and choose "Copy Link Location" from the menu.
- Paste this copied link into the application of your choice.
For more information on where and how to enter the link, see the program specific information below.If your application is not listed below, please refer to your application's documentation, or a quick google search will usually get you the information you need.
To subscribe to an iCalendar feed using Apple's iCal program:
- 1. Open the iCal program (in Applications)
- 2. From the Calendar menu select Subscribe
- 3. Type or paste the feed URLs for the desired calendar that you found earlier into Calendar URL field then click Subscribe:.
- 4. You can change the name and color (optional) and update the Auto-refresh frequency to Every day (important!), then click OK.
Google Calendar Instructions
To subscribe to a CCSGV Calendar using Google Calendar:
- Sign into google, and navigate to the Calendar section.
- In the left column, click on the Add link in the Other Calendars section.
- From the menu select Add by URL.
- Enter the feed URL in the dialog box then click Add Calendar.
- There appears to be no way to manually set how often the calendar is refreshed.